The availability of numerous products through Amazon at the touch of a button can be risky for the wallet, but it also means that many art materials are now available at reasonable prices, not to mention the various equipment and materials I frequently use.
Today, I will share what I think are the best watercolor brushes you can get on Amazon.com.
Best Watercolor Brushes On Amazon
- ARTIFY art supplies 15-Piece Professional Paint Brush Set
- Magic Touches Artist Paint Brush Set
- Winsor & Newton Cotman Short Handle Brushes
ARTIFY art supplies 15-Piece Professional Paint Brush Set
- High-quality nylon bristles are excellent at absorbing water and holding their form while minimising hair loss.
- The brushes’ aluminium ferrules with chromium plating are still firmly fastened to them.
- A nylon cloth roll is included with the set for easy and secure storage.
The 15-Piece Professional Paint Brush Set from ARTIFY art supplies will surely spark your imagination, whether you’re an art student or just getting started painting.
You can use this collection for gouache, acrylics, oil, and watercolour. These brushes come in various sizes, including flat, round, and fan brushes.
The 100% hog hair blend used to make the brushes is far better than synthetic fibres. The sturdy brushes have double-crimped metal ferrules so that you can rely on excellent painting results and long-lasting durability. The bristles will also maintain their shape even after numerous items of washing. The ergonomic wooden handles are convenient to use and pleasant to grasp.
This collection is ideal for an outdoor artist and makes the ideal present for any aspiring artists in your family and friends. ARTIFY art materials have a FREE plastic case for extra storage and ease.
The paint brush set from ARTIFY art supplies is backed by a 30-day money-back promise.
- High calibre
- High value for the money
- Suitable for oil, acrylic, gouache, and watercolour drawing
- A good selection of brush sizes and kinds
- Completely hog hair spikes
- Strong and enduring
- The brushes can shed a little bit
“I loved these brushes! I really like the handles! The bristles are quality, and the paint transfers smoothly. Highly recommend it and especially for the price!”
Magic Touches Artist Paint Brush Set
- These are the best golden plastic artist brushes available. They are excellent for acrylic, watercolour, and oil drawing.
- The lengthy handles of polished wood feel luxurious while painting and are well-balanced.
- These are simple to use and enjoyable to deal with.
- There is no wobble and no bristle loss.
The inherent qualities of the black-tipped, golden nylon bristles provide you with a superb liquid retaining capacity, resulting in an effortless flow of paint.
This carefully chosen selection of artist brushes comes in sizes #1 through #12, with four rounds, four filbert, and four angled brushes, giving painters a good selection for all styles.
Quality Filbert brushes are necessary if you want to improve your painting using a variety of brush strokes and artistic methods. What better way to stock up on art supplies than with red sable (weasel) watercolour Magic Touches Artist Paint Brushes of the highest caliber?
All the Filbert brushes you need are included in the 6-piece brush set, which is ideal for any artist. The brushes range in size from 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 and can be used for watercolor, gouache, acrylic, and oil painting.
Red sable and weasel hair, which are well known for their soft and opulent feel and excellent ability to hold and provide a smooth distribution of water and paint on all kinds of surfaces, are combined in the finest quality in the brushes.
The new design of Filbert’s head and the use of high-grade copper for the firmly fastened ferrules guarantee that the hairs won’t fall out and will keep their shape. The lengthy polished birchwood handles are balanced and will improve your overall painting experience.
- High caliber
- Excellent selection of Filbert brushes
- Value for the money
- Ideal for all media kinds
- For some painting uses, bristles might be too soft.
- No carrying case
“I first used these brushes on a small oil painting during a paint-along with an instructor. It is a bit thinner than other brushes I have of this type, but they have a good spring, did load and apply paint well, and had good balance.”
Winsor & Newton Cotman Short Handle Brushes
- Winsor & Newton Cheap synthetic brushes made by Cotman work similarly to sable-based brushes.
- Cotman brushes have increased strength, spring, colour holding capacity, and the ability to keep a sharp edge thanks to blending soft brush filaments of varying thickness.
- Wooden handles and seamless ferrules.
With their fine-quality blended synthetic fibers of various thicknesses, the Winsor & Newton Cotman Short Handle Brushes are ideal for watercolour drawing.
While the thinner fibres improve colour retention and offer superior flow and control of the paint on the paper or canvas surface, the thicker fibres give the brushes additional strength and spring right to the tip.
The brushes have short, blue polished handles that are well balanced and comfortable to hold in order to give you excellent control and maneuverability, particularly for fine, detailed painting techniques.
The painting brushes are sturdy for prolonged painting pleasure, and the sturdy nickel-plated brass ferrules guard against corrosion and hair filament clogging.
The Winsor & Newton pack, which includes a variety of brush shapes and sizes perfect for various painting techniques, is a wonderful addition to your current art supplies.
Additionally, Winsor & Newton produces a pair of round watercolour brushes with superior Kolinsky sable hair.
- High calibre
- Constructed from finely mixed synthetic fibres of varying thicknesses.
- Soft filaments enhance paint movement and control while enhancing colour retention.
- Brushes are robust, adaptable, and long-lasting.
- Bristles have excellent springs all the way to the point.
- Short handles in blue polished are perfect for fine, detailed work.
- High cost of plastic brushes
- Some painting methods may not be suitable for short handles.
“These are really good brushes. I would have gone for something a little more high-end if I had the budget. Saying that these were perfect for a new medium I was learning. The only downside is that the silver section which holds the hairs turns slightly loose over time”
Any artist needs high-quality watercolour brushes, but finding the perfect individual brushes can be expensive. You can have all the brushes you need to finish your artistic projects while saving money on your art materials by purchasing a watercolour brush set.
The ARTIFY Professional Paint Brush Set is my top choice for the best watercolour brushes on Amazon. This collection of excellent brushes from ARTIFY will spark your creativity and reward you with a superior painting experience, whether you are just beginning your artistic journey or you want to take your painting to a professional level and explore many various painting methods.
Beatrix Ainsley (Bea to her friends) is an abstract artist who was heavily inspired in her twenties by the abstract expressionist movement of the 1940s. Since then Bea has acquired three degrees in Science, Education and most importantly Fine Art. Her art works showcase exploring emotion and introspection of self. To achieve this – the use of bold, sweeping, intricate layers of color, and spontaneity of form is enhanced by reflecting on decades of life experiences. Bea has amassed a vast knowledge of art in all its forms, and hopes to pass it on with her contributions here.