Elementary schools have long been outfitted with those iconic manual pencil sharpeners, the ancient – looking, metallic numbers with bodies shaped like flat – edged eggs. They could be bolted to a wall, a desktop, a counterâ€“anything that could withstand the pressure of a young hand cranking away on the handle.
Electric sharpeners have a simple sensor in them that detects the presence of the pencil either by touch or light sensitivity, depending on the brand and model. Pass a certain point with the pencil tip, and the sharpener engages.
Best Electric Pencil Sharpeners
Here, we have mentioned few of the widely used best electric sharpeners brands for classrooms:
The Electric and battery – operated pencil sharpener is great for everyone such as kids, offices, artists, and whoever needs a dependable pencil point. It is really safe to use by children and it might sharp a new pencil in 10 – 15 seconds. It is easy to be carried while travelling to the park or to your art class.
- It is easy to use, quiet, compact, portable and durable electric pencil sharpener. It also includes replacement blade.
- It has 2 Power options Electric Pencil Sharpener; operate withÂ USB Cable (Included)Â orÂ 4 AA Batteries (Not Included).
- It is used with standard size graphite pencils or with colored art pencils Electric Pencil Sharpener.
- It has long lasting steel blade that sharpens to a fine point.
- Electric Pencil Sharpener is safe for kids with safety switch design.
The user commented that it is great for kids, students and adults for use at home, school, the office or on the go in a backpack. She further added, best pencil sharpener she has ever owned. Everyone in the family loves it. Have had for over two years and just barely replaced the batteries. Kids use it nonstop on their colored pencils.
Another user mentioned that he likes using pencils and this sharpener is perfect. It is small, lightweight and operates from my laptop or batteries.Get On Amazon Â
It is a battery operated electric sharpener and can be conveniently used in home, offices, schools, artists etc. Power Me electric pencil sharpener is a great choice for the aspiring artist, driven student or working professional. It is battery powered (batteries not included), which means you donâ€™t have to worry about finding a place to plug it in. It is paired with its durability and can be used for various pencils, that makes it the perfect choice for you!
- It is perfect for commercial use such as classroom, desktop or office atmosphere.
- It has a unique rotating spiral drill design which ensures the perfect point every time.
- It is a combination of beautiful design and the high – quality material.
- Due to the auto – jam release, you never get stuck pencils.
- It has a feature of auto – stop safety which prevents this pencil sharpener from being used of the lid is removed.
- The large transparent shavings reservoir rarely needs emptying and can be cleaned easily, simply remove the shavings tray, and empty it into a wastebasket.
- It has a steel helical blade which takes only 3 seconds to sharpen.
The customerâ€™s review we received is that due to auto – stop safety, there is no risk for the fingers, and that makes it the best and ideal choice for the young kids.
We came up with another appreciation, that the Power Me pencil sharpener is the best choice. The sharpener works great. She loves the fact that it is portable, and she can take it anywhere in her house and use it without plugging and unplugging it all the time.ÂGet On Amazon Â
This Bostitch Personal Electric Pencil Sharpener guarantees powerful personal sharpening. HHC hardened steel cutter technology which delivers four times longer life while the motor operates stall-free with normal home use. High – capacity shavings tray is easy – to- clean; and when removed, the internal safety switch prevents operation.
- It has a compact design perfect for any home or office.
- It has high capacity easy clean shavings tray.
- The Bostitch personal electric sharpener sharpens precisely and quickly.
- It’s a good size and fits perfectly on the desk.
The customer said that this is a nice light and compact sharpener and easy to use. Works well!
Here is another remarkable review that the userÂ researched and found that at an affordable price this Bostitch Electric Pencil Sharpener was the one for her. It works really well, and she likes the large shaving compartment, so she does not have to dump it so often.Get On Amazon Â
If you’re a pencil person, you’re well-acquainted with the terrible feeling in your body when the point of your pencil breaks. It starts in your fingertips and jumps aggressively up the arm, debilitating the shoulder and making a beeline for your heart. Having a sharp pencil in reserve is often the fastest remedy, but it’s not always the case.
Keeping a high – quality pencil sharpener in or aroundÂ your work spaceÂ is the only surefire way to keep this anxiety from slamming the breaks on your creative progress. Exactly which electric sharpener you choose to enter your work flow depends a lot on what the ergonomics are of that space, and your specific use of the pencils in question.
If you’re a multi-tasker, liable to find yourself writing or drawing with one hand while mixing coffee and filing papers with your other, you’re going to want your electric pencil sharpener to have its hole located on top. Sure, some of the front facing hole models have suction cups and other gimmicks to keep them in place if you try to push your pencil into them with just the one hand, but, often, you end up pushing the sharpener itself across your desk without shredding a single layer of graphite.
Beatrix Ainsley (Bea to her friends) is an abstract artist who was heavily inspired in her twenties by the abstract expressionist movement of the 1940s. Since then Bea has acquired three degrees in Science, Education and most importantly Fine Art. Her art works showcase exploring emotion and introspection of self. To achieve this – the use of bold, sweeping, intricate layers of color, and spontaneity of form is enhanced by reflecting on decades of life experiences. Bea has amassed a vast knowledge of art in all its forms, and hopes to pass it on with her contributions here.